From: Kristian Fiskerstrand <k_f@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-dev <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [RFC] bugs.g.o: Killing VERIFIED state, possibly introducing STABILIZED
Date: Fri, 17 Jun 2016 16:46:34
1 On 06/17/2016 06:41 PM, Rich Freeman wrote:
2 > On Fri, Jun 17, 2016 at 12:00 PM, Kristian Fiskerstrand <k_f@g.o> wrote:
3 >> On 06/17/2016 03:58 PM, Rich Freeman wrote:
4 >>>
5 >>> That could actually be generalized. I could see many types of bugs
6 >>> where the issue is with upstream, and we might want to track the
7 >>> progress as upstream implements a fix, releases it, and then it is
8 >>> stabilized on Gentoo. So, maybe we need another state to track in
9 >>> upstream's VCS vs the Gentoo repo.
10 >>
11 >> For a great deal of this we have UPSTREAM keyword, and also combination
12 >> with PATCH keyword if we've submitted an own patch.
13 >
14 > Usually we mean UPSTEAM to mean that the issue is an upstream issue,
15 > and should be pursued there. Usually we don't use it to mean that the
16 > issue IS resolved upstream but we're waiting for a release/etc. I'm
17
18 Well, the issue is still upstream in that case, so I don't see that
19 necessarily being different, we're still waiting for a release upstream
20 to make a new downstream ebuild and stabilize it, so it fits with UPSTREAM
21
22 > not sure how important the distinction is in practice. The portage
23 > team could of course use it differently.
24
25 Yeah, I'm talking ebuilds here, not portage and similar bugs, I think
26 your point of having own keyword for portage and the likes makes sense
27 to distinguish it.
31 Kristian Fiskerstrand
32 OpenPGP certificate reachable at hkp://pool.sks-keyservers.net
33 fpr:94CB AFDD 3034 5109 5618 35AA 0B7F 8B60 E3ED FAE3