From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: Kristian Fiskerstrand <k_f@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-dev <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>, bugzilla@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [RFC] bugs.g.o: Killing VERIFIED state, possibly introducing STABILIZED
Date: Fri, 17 Jun 2016 16:41:35
1 On Fri, Jun 17, 2016 at 12:00 PM, Kristian Fiskerstrand <k_f@g.o> wrote:
2 > On 06/17/2016 03:58 PM, Rich Freeman wrote:
3 >>
4 >> That could actually be generalized. I could see many types of bugs
5 >> where the issue is with upstream, and we might want to track the
6 >> progress as upstream implements a fix, releases it, and then it is
7 >> stabilized on Gentoo. So, maybe we need another state to track in
8 >> upstream's VCS vs the Gentoo repo.
9 >
10 > For a great deal of this we have UPSTREAM keyword, and also combination
11 > with PATCH keyword if we've submitted an own patch.
12
13 Usually we mean UPSTEAM to mean that the issue is an upstream issue,
14 and should be pursued there. Usually we don't use it to mean that the
15 issue IS resolved upstream but we're waiting for a release/etc. I'm
16 not sure how important the distinction is in practice. The portage
17 team could of course use it differently.
21 Rich