From: Richard Yao <ryao@×××××××××××××.edu>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Opinion against /usr merge
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2012 01:21:06
1 On 07/17/2012 08:46 PM, Rich Freeman wrote:
2 > If we don't do anything, then lots of stuff moves to /usr. I think
3 > that is what you're missing. The /usr move basically starts happening
4 > on its own automatically if we DON'T do much. This is because
5 > upstream is the one pushing it.
6
7 Which upstream is pushing this? So far, only RedHat wants this and their
8 ability to get various upstreams to try to force it is rather limited.
9 The only upstream where I have seen any indication that this could be
10 forced is systemd.