From: "Jan Kundrát" <jkt@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] GLEP ??: Critical News Reporting
Date: Tue, 01 Nov 2005 16:25:13
1 On Tuesday 01 of November 2005 02:51 Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
2 [...]
3
4 What's wrong with XML format similar to the one that is used for our GLSAs?
5 Are there any advantages in using yet-another-markup-system while we already
6 have some XML-parsing code in `glsa-check` which does similar job?
7
8 (IMHO arguments like "Portage shouldn't contain XML-parsing code" doesn't
9 count as there are plans to integrate GLSA checking into Portage (aka `emerge
10 --security`).)
11
12 TIA,
13 -jkt
16 cd /local/pub && more beer > /dev/mouth