From: William Hubbs <williamh@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: Assigning keyword/stable bugs to arch teams (WAS: [gentoo-dev] dropping redundant stable keywords)
Date: Sat, 15 Feb 2014 22:53:11
1 On Sat, Feb 15, 2014 at 11:41:57AM +0100, Tom Wijsman wrote:
2 > On Sat, 15 Feb 2014 01:28:55 +0100
3 > Jeroen Roovers <jer@g.o> wrote:
4 >
5 > > On Fri, 14 Feb 2014 19:59:58 +0100
6 > > Tom Wijsman <TomWij@g.o> wrote:
7 > >
8 > > > > And that can work without a problem if we have a mechanism
9 > > > > in place to relieve maintainers of those bugs.
10 > > >
11 > > > Such mechanism could be to assign those bug to the arch team, this
12 > > > idea came up at FOSDEM; it won't solve the lack of manpower, but it
13 > > > will at least relieve the maintainers and make the problem more
14 > > > visible.
15 > >
16 > > Assigning bugs so arch teams is cosmetic at best.
17 >
18 > While it was not explained here, the idea can also move the actual
19 > maintenance of the ebuild to the arch team; such that it becomes the
20 > arch team's responsibility to deal with it, or rather don't deal with
21 > it and have it act as a nagging reminder that stabilization really is
22 > due. This also reflects the importance of the package, as it will
23 > receive more attention and thus be more verbose towards the arch team.
24
25 The problem with this is, what if it is more than one arch team? Which
26 one do you assign it to?
27
28 If we want a separate assignee for old stabilizations, what about a
29 separate project that handles this, or maybe we could assign the bugs to
30 m-n or something until the arch teams catch up?
31
32 William