From: Steve Long <slong@××××××××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: EAPI 1 (Was: Re: Monthly Gentoo Council Reminder for April)
Date: Sat, 14 Apr 2007 11:07:47
1 Matthias Langer wrote:
2 > Hmm, as an arch tester, i completely agree that packages where src_test
3 > fails are an annoyance. However, I would not suggest to activate
4 > src_test by default, as for normal users, it just introduces another
5 > source of potential defects, without that much benefits. Instead, i
6 > think that arch teams should refuse to stable packages that fail with
7 > FEATURES=test and thus encourage ebuild developers to either fix their
8 > tests, or to deactivate them explicitly.
9 >
10 That makes a lot of sense. How about exending it a tiny bit and asking for
11 it to be policy for all ebuilds EAPI=1 not to be allowed into stable
12 without RESTRICT=test, or a functional test suite on the arch in question?
13 The last bit would be automagically checked by the arch team, if the ebuild
14 has no RESTRICT=test, during normal stabilisation (I'd hope?) since the
15 build would fail.
19 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list