From: Chris Bainbridge <chris.bainbridge@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Bug #64656 - Problems with xscreensaver and xorg
Date: Sun, 14 Nov 2004 11:16:49
1 Without any more details it's difficult to tell what the problem is.
2 Since theres no output you'd probably have to run xorg under gdb. The
3 gdb-6.0-r1 ebuild has the patch for debugging symbols in xfree/xorg
4 drivers; I'm not sure if the others do. Then recompile xorg with
5 'debug' in your USE flags. Run xorg under gdb (see
6 http://xfree86.linuxwiki.org/DebuggingTheXserver for some hints).
7 Hopefully when it crashes you should now be able to get a backtrace,
8 which will point the way to the problem.