From: Simone Gotti <simone.gotti@×××××.it>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Segregating KDE?
Date: Sun, 19 Sep 2004 08:25:29
1 On Saturday 18 September 2004 21:36, Dan Armak wrote:
2 > Come to think of it, there is one other issue; some kde makefiles are badly
3 > written, and link against libraries built in the source tree under $S
4 > rather than against installed libraries under /usr/kde/.... To separate the
5 > library and app into two ebuilds we'd need to fix such makefiles. Because
6 > I'm speaking from somewhat dated knowledge here, and have nevr actually
7 > tried to fix such makefiles ;-), I don't know how difficult it'd be or how
8 > widespread the problem is today.
9 >
10 > Anything else I'm forgetting?
11 The aren't badly written, this is the right behavior, For example kmail wants
12 to compile against libkdepim. You can't link against a library that isn't
13 already installed o an old installed one with less functions.
14
15 Bye!
16 --
17 Simone Gotti