From: Carsten Lohrke <carlo@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Multiple Repo Support
Date: Tue, 27 Dec 2005 02:34:48
1 On Tuesday 27 December 2005 03:11, Brian Harring wrote:
2 > Either way, still not totally following your complaint, thus an actual
3 > example would help (easiest to assume I'm a moron, and start at that
4 > level of explanation).
5
6 O.k.
7
8 1. You have KDE 3.4 and Digikam (version doesn't matter) installed
9 2. You update to KDE 3.5
10
11 What you now have is the following: KDE 3.5 works fine and Digikam as well,
12 just that it uses KDE 3.4 libs. But what happens: A Digikam update (or you
13 rebuild for whatever reason). You emerge it (against KDE 3.5), but its
14 dependencies (libkipi, libkexif ) are still built against kdelibs 3.4. The
15 result is that compiling Digikam fails. You need to rebuild these
16 dependencies and every other ebuild depending n those against KDE 3.5. And
17 Portage should do that transparently.
18
19 For now I have written slot_rebuild() which detects the problem at least and
20 provides the user with the information what to do, but it's dead ugly.
23 Carsten