From: Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o>
To: "Santiago M. Mola" <coldwind@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-dev@l.g.o, pr@g.o, release@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] RFC: removal of digest files from the tree
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2008 00:21:42
1 On Thu, 2008-01-31 at 00:45 +0100, Santiago M. Mola wrote:
2 > On Jan 31, 2008 12:32 AM, Robin H. Johnson <robbat2@g.o> wrote:
3 > >
4 > > On Thu, Jan 31, 2008 at 12:05:26AM +0100, Vlastimil Babka wrote:
5 > > > Chris Gianelloni wrote:
6 > > >> I think throwing up an announcement today/tomorrow for Thursday/Friday
7 > > >> should be sufficient for this sort of a change, as it won't affect any
8 > > >> user who has a version of portage released in the past ~1.5 years.
9 > > > So, since it seems nobody objected it, time for the announcement? And the
10 > > > removal (server-side by robbat2) would be best done right before the
11 > > > snapshot?
12 > > It's pretty much irrelevant to the snapshot. wolf31o2 has my patch to
13 > > exclude digests in the snapshot anyway.
16 > Then I guess it could be done as soon as the doc patch is prepared...
17
18 It really is best done in the tree first, so everything is correct for
19 the snapshot. We didn't have much issue last time because we push
20 "manifest1_obsolete" into the snapshot, so digests are removed, anyway,
21 but I'd *really* prefer if this were done prior to the snapshot being
22 made.
23
24 The less fudging I have to do with the snapshot, the better.
27 Chris Gianelloni
28 Release Engineering Strategic Lead
29 Games Developer
30 --