From: Pallav Agarwal <pallavagarwal07@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Proposal for changes for the next EAPI version
Date: Tue, 17 May 2016 10:01:48
1 Hi,
2 You are right, of course.
3 The target is to standardize something that would encourage maintainers
4 to actually provide non-upstream scripts to test packages. At the same
5 time, it should be possible to use those scripts for automated testing
6 without
7 human interference.
8
9 Even if they are provided independently, not as part of ebuilds, we need a
10 to have them associated with a particular ebuild if need be as in case of a
11 bug fix, or many ebuilds in case of basic functionality for all versions of
12 a
13 package.
14 > And under this scheme, individual projects can define their custom
15 > hooks and tricks in the ebuild themselves as metadata ( like we
16 > currently to via eclass variables ), and be handled, not by portage,
17 > or PMS, not by EAPI, but by the QA tool in conjunction with eclass
18 > designers.
19 >
20 I'm not sure how to deal with eclasses but I guess I'll find out.
21
22 On Tue, May 17, 2016 at 2:16 PM, Tobias Klausmann <klausman@g.o>