From: Donnie Berkholz <spyderous@g.o>
To: genone@g.o
Cc: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Revisiting GLEP 19
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2004 00:10:08
1 Marius Mauch said:
2 > I'm not completely opposed to XML although I see little use here, but I
3 > see the big show stopper: Transition. We have a live tree as well as a
4 > dozen tools (estimated) using the Changelogs, some of them aren't even
5 > under our control (gentoo-portage.com and porthole are popular
6 > examples). How do you plan to change the format in such an environment?
7 > Without an answer to that question the whole issue is academic.
8
9 Wouldn't a new file called ChangeLog.xml solve this? If it exists, use it.
10 If not, default to the old plain-text ChangeLog.
15 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list