From: George Shapovalov <george@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] July Council Meeting: Requested Agenda Item
Date: Sat, 10 Jun 2006 08:32:47
1 субота, 10. червень 2006 04:28, Christel Dahlskjaer Ви написали:
2 > I would like to ask that the Council discuss the current state and
3 > future of the GWN at their next meeting.
4 Hah? What has concil to do with this? Is it going to mandate "GWN be better"
5 and it magically turns into some other thing? Why do you think there is
6 malicious intent here at all?
7
8 [skipping the listing]
9 All these problems can be explained very simply - a lack of manpower. As I
10 understand, GWN now is a one-man endeavour and Ulrich was pointing this out
11 himself and literally yelling for help! Many many times! Over approx last 6
12 month or so..
13
14 Do we want a more reliable and representative GWN? Of course!
15 How we can get there? Well, stand up and help! Involving council is not going
16 to do anything besides starting yet another pointless burocratic endeavor.
17 Well, I suspect it won't do even that - I am pretty sure council is going to
18 just throw out this "claim" even if you officially start it. They can of
19 course mandate some more action, but what would be the point? If there are no
20 people willing to stand up, then who will listen to it?
21
22 So, to conclude this thing. The only way GWN is going to improve, is if some
23 more people will "join the ranks" and start writing/editing GWN entries. I'd
24 say a team of 3 people is usually sufficient, but we need more like 7 so that
25 three are "available" for more than a first month :) (this is based on my
26 experience with organazing Russian transation team in its early days), plus a
27 steady stream of at least one new dev joining/two month, to compensate for
28 people droppig out. This should also have an effect of draft GWN published at
29 least a day in advance, instead of a few hours, so that the rest of us will
30 be able (and will ;)) take a look at it and make corrections..
31
32 George
35 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list