From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaran.mccreesh@×××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Replacing cpu-feature USE flags
Date: Thu, 06 Jul 2006 20:29:40
1 On Thu, 6 Jul 2006 22:13:11 +0200 "Diego 'Flameeyes' Pettenò"
2 <flameeyes@g.o> wrote:
3 | So I would suggest anybody wanting to comment on these issue to know
4 | the difference of using mmx in useflag and -mmmx in CFLAGS at the
5 | moment. And then evaluate the change in behaviour.
6
7 Well, if you're playing that game, I'd suggest that anybody wanting to
8 make proposals on this issue should know what CFLAGS is and understand
9 how it is nothing other than a set of flags that are passed to the
10 compiler when compiling a C program, and then evaluate the impact of
11 subverting such a variable for nefarious purposes.
14 Ciaran McCreesh
15 Mail : ciaran dot mccreesh at blueyonder.co.uk
19 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list