From: Paul de Vrieze <pauldv@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: EAPI spec (was Re: Re: let's clear things up (was Slacker archs))
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2007 21:39:11
1 On Thursday 22 February 2007, Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
2 > On Thu, 22 Feb 2007 04:04:37 +0000 Steve Long
3 >
4 > <slong@××××××××××××××××××.uk> wrote:
5 > | > I'm saying that until there is an independent implementation, the
6 > | > specification is worthless and will contain huge numbers of errors.
7 > |
8 > | Seriously? Without an implementation, your spec of what should happen
9 > | will have loads of errors?
10 >
11 > Yes. It will describe what people think is allowed, rather than what
12 > really is. Perfect example -- we'd never have caught the multiple
13 > sourcing issue without an independent implementation.
14
15 I'm sorry, but this was already a known issue over 3 years ago. And yes, the
16 way portage handles ebuilds does not necessarilly win any beauty contest.
17
18 Paul
21 Paul de Vrieze
22 Gentoo Developer