From: "paul kölle" <paul@×××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] gentoo: static/dynamic linking libraries
Date: Sun, 29 Apr 2007 18:44:53
1 Roman Zimmermann wrote:
2
3 > So I'm with Ciaran here: It works for almost all packages and makes at least
4 > some difference. Maybe enough to (really) give the users the choice (without
5 > the ugly EXTRA_ECONF-hack)?
6 I wonder why you call this an ugly hack? It seems to me everyone who
7 wishes to avoid installing static libs is able to do so with a simple
8 variable. Having such a feature exposed to the mainstream crowd without
9 proper support by developers (testing and such) will not do any good.
10
11 cheers
12 Paul
15 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list