From: Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Fwd: noX kernel not on livecd as the <F2> options state
Date: Thu, 02 Oct 2003 13:10:25
1 On Thursday 02 October 2003 08:02, Kurt Lieber wrote:
2 > For those of us more familiar with the liveCDs and installation process, is
3 > this message accurate? Do we really no longer have any sort of non-GUI
4 > (even framebuffer GUI) way of installing Gentoo? (Note: I don't consider
5 > having to pass nofb as a boot flag as a viable option since that isn't
6 > exactly intuitive and can lead to messages like the one below)
7
8 thats the only option i know of ...
9 last livecd i loaded (was 1.4 release or later) it said 'for help type this
10 blah blah' and then it showed a pretty extensive help screen about options to
11 pass to the kernel ...
12 i thought the help was pretty good but in order to get there using the boot
13 loader that we do the user is going to have to type SOMETHING ...
14 perhaps we add some of this info to the docs (if they dont already exist ...)
15 -mike