From: Lance Albertson <ramereth@g.o>
To: Alexander Plank <alexander@×××××××××××××.org>
Cc: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] wiki.gentoo.org
Date: Sun, 08 Aug 2004 04:34:20
1 On Sat, 2004-08-07 at 07:36, Alexander Plank wrote:
2 > We really need to speed up the process of starting this GLEP. I've been
3 > running the wiki for the Gentoo for MacOS project from
4 > http://wonderwarp.com/alex/tipiwiki and we really need an "official" wiki
5 > as soon as possible. We at one point used gentoo-wiki.com, but I realized
6 > that this was not official enough for the sole documentation of the
7 > project. Actually, the main reason I moved it was that gentoo-wiki.com was
8 > not reliable; the server was down frequently. Since the move, I reccomend
9 > we use oddmouse, the same wiki software that the emacs wiki uses. I really
10 > think this should get off the ground before a week has passed, although I
11 > realize that there are things that take time and need to be done.
12
13 Why not just create official documentation? That's what the rest of our
14 people use. Plus I don't see how a wiki will work very well. 90% of the
15 wikis I see/use aren't done very well and are hard to maintain. If you
16 want to have documentation for our users, talk with the docs team and
17 get some space setup for you guys. I know for sure kurt will not be for
18 a wiki, so don't get your hopes up at all for that to become a reality.
21 Lance Albertson <ramereth@g.o>
22 Gentoo Infrastructure
23
24 ---
25 GPG Public Key: <http://www.ramereth.net/lance.asc>
26 Key fingerprint: 0423 92F3 544A 1282 5AB1 4D07 416F A15D 27F4 B742
27
28 ramereth/irc.freenode.net
32 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list