From: "Andreas K. Huettel" <dilfridge@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] gentoo git workflow
Date: Sun, 14 Sep 2014 18:04:28
1 > Deciding on a _commit policy_ should be fairly straightforward and we
2 > already have one point
3 > * gpg sign every commit (unless it's a merged branch, then we only care
4 > about the merge commit)
5
6 +1
7
8 > More things to consider for commit policy are:
9 > * commit message format (line length, maybe prepend category/PN?)
10
11 this could be done in part by repoman... having a meaningful shortlog would be
12 nice.
13
14 > * do we expect repoman to run successfully for every commit (I'd say no)?
15
16 commit no, push yes?
17
18 > * additional information that must be provided
19 > * when to force/avoid merge commits
20
21 my take- disallow (by policy) nontrivial rebases by third parties, encourage
22 trivial rebases
27 Andreas K. Huettel
28 Gentoo Linux developer (council, kde)
29 dilfridge@g.o
30 http://www.akhuettel.de/