From: Alexander Gretencord <arutha@×××.de>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Gentoo 1.4.1 and GRP
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2003 16:34:35
1 On Monday 15 September 2003 21:10, Sven Vermeulen wrote:
2 > On Mon, Sep 15, 2003 at 03:05:09PM -0400, Brad Laue wrote:
3 > > Why would I try Debian? I use Gentoo because it has up-to-date packages
4 > > and feature-customizability. I don't like using shoddy backports and
5 > > questionable third party repositories, thankyouverymuch.
6 > Gentoo's goal wasn't to provide its users with a fast installation method.
7 > If you make an enumeration of all features that distinguishes Gentoo from
8 > any other distribution, and you take out one feature at a time, you'll
9 > result in "yet another distribution".
10
11 Well I'm currently in the situation where I'd really like to get a gentoo
12 installation up fast. I'm currently working as an intern and have been given
13 a box with debian installed (woody). I'd really like to install gentoo but I
14 obviously can't wait a day or so without being able to work on the machine
15 (it's a Duron 750). So I'm stuck with debian.
18 Alex
22 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list