From: marduk <marduk@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] .keep files
Date: Sat, 21 May 2005 20:38:11
1 On Sat, 2005-05-21 at 22:28 +0200, Andrej Kacian wrote:
2 > Are .keep files necessary in a live filesystem? AFAIK they're only there
3 > to keep portage from removing a directory from emerge-time image. Would it be
4 > possible to just remove them from live filesystem after package files are
5 > merged to / ?
6 >
7 > Or do .keep files serve another purpose, not obvious to me?
10 I always thought that they were to keep 'emerge unmerge' from removing
11 an empty directory, but I could be wrong...
12
13 -m