From: Alexis Ballier <aballier@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [ANN] Multiple version suffixes illegal in gentoo-x86
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2007 21:11:09
1 > > Only a short response, as I'm a bit in a hurry right now. From
2 > > #gentoo-council earlier:
3 > >
4 > > 18:25 <@robbat2> make him covert it to "_rc%04d%04d%02d%02d",$RC,$YEAR,
5 > > $MONTH,$DAY
6 >
7 > Let me see if I have this straight: suppose we have package foo-0.1_rc2
8 > released (very outdated) and we're waiting for foo-0.1_rc3. Then example
9 > of something between those two would be foo-0.1_rc000220070313? Would
10 > that force portage to update to this version? Wouldn't that prevent
11 > portage from enforcing update to _rc3 when it's delivered? Of course I
12 > might be wrong and if this is the case then excuse me for the whole fuss ;)
15 I was planning to post the same question and then I reread danny's and
16 robin's mails :
17 what rc3 will actually be named is something like :
18 _rc000300000000
19 not a very funky name but like that portage will see it as >
20 rc000220070313, otherwise rc3 is < rc000220070313
21
22 that also means doing some funky $P renamings in the ebuild to catch
23 upstream _rc3 tarball, but that's probably better than allowing such
24 multiple suffixes.
25 [And that'll make us differ from upstream naming scheme for the whole
26 _rc series]
29 Regards,
30
31 Alexis.