From: Henrik Brix Andersen <brix@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Bugzilla handling for maintainer-wanted things
Date: Sun, 21 Aug 2005 13:35:50
1 On Sun, 2005-08-21 at 09:22 -0400, Nathan L. Adams wrote:
2 > And yet I see scarce few ideas on how to solve the problem. The only
3 > other person who seems to have any are Ciaran, and what is his solution?
4 > He's doing *code reviews* of ebuilds. *GASP* Imagine that!
5
6 And - as I told you the last time you brought this issue up - you're
7 more than welcome to start reviewing ebuilds and commits as well.
8
9 We have a bugzilla which is open to the public, we have an irc channel
10 [1] (which is even monitored by CIA [2]) for tracking all commits made
11 to the portage tree... what more do you want?
12
13 If you so desperately want code review in Gentoo, why don't you do what
14 every other open source software developer has to do to get his ideas
15 through: put some work into it yourself?
16
17 I've been wondering: do your emails on this list represent the view of
18 the IEEE organization?
19
20 Sincerely,
21 Brix
22
23 [1]: irc://irc.freenode.net/gentoo-commits
24 [2]: http://cia.navi.cx/stats/project/gentoo
25 --
26 Henrik Brix Andersen <brix@g.o>
27 Gentoo Metadistribution | Mobile computing herd