From: "Andreas K. Huettel" <dilfridge@g.o>
To: Gentoo-dev <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Cc: dev-portage <dev-portage@g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Dynamic dependencies
Date: Wed, 16 Sep 2015 15:50:17
1 Hi all,
2
3 here's a quote from the Council 20140826 summary:
4
5 > Dynamic dependencies in Portage
6 > ===============================
7 > During discussion, is was remarked that some changes, e.g. to
8 > dependencies in eclasses, could require mass rebuilds of packages.
9 >
10 > Vote:
11 > - "The council asks the Portage team to first outline their long-term
12 > plan regarding removal or replacement of dynamic dependencies,
13 > before they remove this feature. In particular, tree policies and
14 > the handling of eclasses and virtuals need to be clarified."
15 > Accepted unanimously.
16
17 Since there seems to be interest in the Portage team to go ahead with that
18 plan, I'd like to ask about the tree policies and the handling of eclasses and
19 virtuals.
20
21 I guess we'd appreciate this as a prerequisite for being able to give the plan
22 future council support.
23
24 Cheers,
25 Andreas