From: "Rémi Cardona" <remi@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] package graveyard
Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2011 21:22:04
1 Le 17/08/2011 21:57, Matthew Summers a écrit :
2 > +1 on this. It saves the ebuild for posterity AND prevents users
3 > hitting nasty bits. This seems to me to beg for a proper well-defined
4 > policy, in any case.
7 We already have a policy for this and it's called portage.
8
9 If a package is broken (and I mean with known ebuild issues, with known
10 bugs, etc), then we already have legitimate reasons to remove it.
11
12 If not, just let them be in portage.
13
14 If anything, working on tinderboxes to catch build issues early and file
15 bugs against packages, _that_ would help to clean up cruft from portage.
16
17 Rémi