From: "M. Edward (Ed) Borasky" <znmeb@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Proposed addition to the Social Contract
Date: Sun, 25 Mar 2007 20:01:37
1 Christel Dahlskjaer wrote:
2 > It looks like our social contract doesn't prohibit Gentoo from being
3 > dependent upon a single sponsor or corporation. In the interests of
4 > keeping Gentoo run by the developers rather than any outside party, how
5 > about the following addition to the Social Contract?
6 >
7 > <heading>We will be run by the Development Community</>
8 > Gentoo will be run by the development community. We will never allow
9 > ourselves to be reliant upon a single sponsor or corporation.
13 As I understand it, Gentoo is a "tax-exempt foundation" registered in
14 the state of New Mexico. As a result, there are legal restrictions on
15 "sponsorship", etc. Before modifying the "Social Contract", I'd
16 recommend consulting an attorney with expertise in such matters. The
17 last thing Gentoo needs is major legal hassles.
20 M. Edward (Ed) Borasky, FBG, AB, PTA, PGS, MS, MNLP, NST, ACMC(P)
21 http://borasky-research.blogspot.com/
22
23 If God had meant for carrots to be eaten cooked, He would have given rabbits fire.
26 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list