From: "Chí-Thanh Christopher Nguyễn" <chithanh@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] questions about small fixes/cleanups
Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2016 08:00:44
1 Kristian Fiskerstrand schrieb:
2 >> Why are those ebuilds not live? If upstream doesn't do real releases and
3 >> can't even be bothered to tag the commit that marks a release, then why
4 >> are you (or someone else) doing all this work? The snapshot scripts
5 >> could be replaced by a live ebuild and upstream can handle bugs as they
6 >> come since they can't be bothered to version their software.
7 >
8 > I would expect because live ebuilds can't be keyworded, so snapshot is
9 > the correct way to do it.
10
11 I think the rule of not keywording live ebuilds originally applied only to
12 those who fetch git/svn/cvs head.
13 If a live ebuild fetches a particular revision, then the disadvantage is
14 still that it can't be mirrored (hence a snapshot is preferable from user
15 POV), but other than that it can be tested fine.
18 Best regards,
19 Chí-Thanh Christopher Nguyễn