From: Ned Ludd <solar@g.o>
To: ferringb@g.o
Cc: gentoo-dev@××××××××××××.org
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] whitelisting the env ebuilds execute in
Date: Sun, 13 Mar 2005 22:19:52
1 On Sun, 2005-03-13 at 10:04 -0600, Brian Harring wrote:
2 > On Sun, Mar 13, 2005 at 03:48:03PM +0000, Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
3 > > On Sun, 13 Mar 2005 09:40:16 -0600 Brian Harring <ferringb@g.o>
4 > > wrote:
5 > > | Assuming no one can come up with a valid reason why the entire user
6 > > | env must be dumped into the compilation environment, whitelisting of
7 > > | vars that are allowed in would be the next step. LINGUAS,
8 > > | EXTRA_ECONF, etc.
9 > >
10 > > Will this whitelist be developer-controllable, or will we have to wait
11 > > several years any time we want something added to it?
12
13 > At the moment, was thinking of having it be a stackable list, defaults supplied by portage, *potentially* profiles
14 > can override/adjust it, and ebuilds themselves can request vars be brought in- note that's only possible *after*
15 > sourcing the ebuild. Shouldn't be an issue anyways, cause people don't do evil things like env based
16 > settings/adjustments in the global scope, right? :)
17
18 So it will be something like $PORTDIR/profiles/env.accept.list in which
19 all devs should be able to add to as needed vs having to file bugs and
20 wait for long periods of time?
21
22 > Re: portage controlling things, not the intention. Wouldn't be trying to move bin/* code into the tree if it were.
23 > ~harring
24 --
25 Ned Ludd <solar@g.o>
28 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list