From: Michaela Susan Buesing <ela@×××××××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Introduction to Gentoo Development Teams and Processes
Date: Wed, 03 Jul 2002 13:23:37
1 Be greeted, "Sir" Perc!
2
3 Sorry, if I don't get into too much detail, concerning your ideas, but
4 don't you think, that your suggestions are completely missing the point
5 about having an OPEN (and volountary) development process?
6
7 How are people/users supposed to learn and eventually become fully-fledged
8 developers if they aren't to interact/learn from those who are already
9 there?
10
11 I for myself would have never taken the step to apply for some official
12 developer status. The open system of openly available developer
13 documentation, mailing lists and BugZilla helped me a whole lot with
14 overcoming my doubts...
15
16 I also think that input from "normal" users is the best way to learn, what
17 should be improved. - And after all, what is OpenSource/open development
18 all about in the end?
19
20 Bye, Ela.
21
22 P.S.: Sorry, if this was a bit sharp. It's only my opinion, after all. :-/