From: Ulrich Mueller <ulm@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Illegal news item name
Date: Sat, 20 Jun 2009 20:58:44
1 >>>>> On Sat, 20 Jun 2009, Vlastimil Babka wrote:
2
3 > it was brought up by ulm that the news item
4 > '2009-04-18-java-config-wrapper-0.16' has an illegal name because it
5 > contains a dot.
6
7 I stumbled upon this when I experimented with news to e-mail
8 forwarding, where there are some limitations for the characters
9 allowed in headers. Of course everything can be filtered, but things
10 would be easier if we could stick to the GLEP 42 specification
11 (namely "a"-"z", "0"-"9", "+", "-", and "_").
12
13 > The question is what to do now, rename it? Users will then see it
14 > again, and I don't know if there are even worse consequences.
15
16 > Betelgeuse suggested also commit hook that would check filenames.
17
18 Infra, would this be possible? Only files with names
19 yyyy-mm-dd-shortname.lang.txt and yyyy-mm-dd-shortname.lang.txt.asc
20 (for detached signature) should be allowed, and character set as
21 mentioned above.
22
23 Ulrich