From: Brian Harring <ferringb@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] new glep draft: Portage as a secondary package manager
Date: Tue, 03 May 2005 00:02:09
1 On Mon, May 02, 2005 at 03:13:56PM +0100, Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
2 > On Mon, 02 May 2005 14:22:15 +0200 Michael Haubenwallner
3 > <michael.haubenwallner@×××××××.at> wrote:
4 > | Hi ebuild devs,
5 > |
6 > | Here's a glep draft now for (a part of) the long-term portage-goal
7 > | "act as a secondary package manager" ...
8 >
9 > Why did you post this without addressing the problems I pointed out to
10 > you previously? Writing something up as a GLEP doesn't magically fix all
11 > the holes in it.
12 State said problem for the general community. Guessing you're
13 referencing the issue/request that being able to manage home, and
14 'global' installations?
15
16 I'd still posit that the issue of installing to a user's home when
17 portage's base prefix is /usr/local (fex) is a seperate issue. What
18 you were requesting for vim plugins goes beyond haubi's initial
19 goals...
22 So yeah, restate the issues in the ml so people can weigh in,
23 alternative approachs/solutions, etc.
24 ~brian
25 --
26 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list