From: Ben de Groot <yngwin@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [RFC] Remove cups from default profile to solve circular deps
Date: Fri, 05 Mar 2010 21:06:35
1 On 5 March 2010 21:51, Maciej Mrozowski <reavertm@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > poppler[utils] are just pdfto*sth converters, and they're most likely pure
3 > runtime depedencies for net-print/cups. Could someone from printing herd
4 > verify?
5 > If so, then it's sufficient to fix cups dependencies (move poppler[utils] from
6 > COMMON_DEPEND to PDEPEND) and problem solved.
7
8 From looking at the cups ebuild there is a configure option, so I don't
9 think it's that straightforward, but there might be a solution here.
10
11 > If no, I can split off utils from poppler - with CMake it's effortless.
12
13 We just rejoined the split poppler into one package again. So if you
14 are going to split it up again, you will have some explaining to do to
15 our users. I would like to prevent splitting, and see if we can fix maybe
16 the cups ebuild instead. Or maybe the gtk+ maintainers want to split
17 up their package... I understand they like that sort of thing.
18
19 Cheers,
20 --
21 Ben de Groot
22 Gentoo Linux developer (qt, media, lxde, desktop-misc)