From: Flammie Pirinen <flammie@g.o>
To: gentoo-doc@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-doc] [RFC] Marking unmaintained documents
Date: Fri, 09 Sep 2005 15:50:13
2005-09-09, Jan Kundrát sanoi, jotta:

> Flammie Pirinen wrote: > > Well, current practice is that neysx commits every translation if it > seems to be ok from the XML point of view, but I'm not sure if it is a > good think to say that such docs are "official" - purely technically, > they were contributed by non-Gentoo person and we have no guarantee > that they are correct. > > Just my 2 cents, of course - I'm not aware of any troubles caused by > this approach, so maybe I'm just too paranoic :-).
I was more thinking of Finnish team's situation where there aren't full team to back things up but just a head translator. Tagging those docs that _are_ up-to-date as non-official will just scare more people away.
Yeah, I remember GLEP 10 faintly, the problem of whole GLEP is that it has no actually merits IMO. It just suggests something that might be done to improve something, yet even without describing how it would improve. AFAICT it doesn't help at all with linking things but makes just some more work for even the current stuff. The whole GLEP seriously rethought and rewritten might cut it, but it again requires someone to do it :-)