From: Vladimir Pouzanov <farcaller@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-embedded] Gentoo on handhelds
Date: Sun, 13 Aug 2006 16:23:32
1 Hi all,
2
3 I'm working on linux port to Palm Tungsten T3 (arm-le) handheld.
4 Development tasks slowly move from kernel-space to user-space so now
5 I'm interested in some base distribution/packaging system for the
6 handheld.
7
8 I'm choosing from gentoo-embedded, CRUX and OpenEmbedded. OE is
9 targeted for handhelds but it has absolutely weird build system
10 (however it is similar to portage... sometimes). CRUX is optimized for
11 i686 and has no pre-requisites for cross-compilation but packages are
12 rather easily compiled inside scratchbox environment. Gentoo... I
13 haven't tried gentoo yet, but I'm doing to do so.
14
15 I want to know the current status of gentoo-embedded. Can I build a
16 working rootfs based on uclibc using emerge?
19 Sincerely,
20 Vladimir "Farcaller" Pouzanov
21 http://www.hackndev.com
22 --