From: nick thompson <nicholas.thompson1@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-embedded] Gentoo on handhelds / workpad z50
Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2006 00:17:49
1 Vladimir Pouzanov wrote:
2 > Hi all,
3 >
4 > I'm working on linux port to Palm Tungsten T3 (arm-le) handheld.
5 > Development tasks slowly move from kernel-space to user-space so now
6 > I'm interested in some base distribution/packaging system for the
7 > handheld.
8 >
9 > I'm choosing from gentoo-embedded, CRUX and OpenEmbedded. OE is
10 > targeted for handhelds but it has absolutely weird build system
11 > (however it is similar to portage... sometimes). CRUX is optimized for
12 > i686 and has no pre-requisites for cross-compilation but packages are
13 > rather easily compiled inside scratchbox environment. Gentoo... I
14 > haven't tried gentoo yet, but I'm doing to do so.
15 >
16 > I want to know the current status of gentoo-embedded. Can I build a
17 > working rootfs based on uclibc using emerge?
18 >
19 I am interested in seeing a gentoo port to the IBM workpad z50. I
20 currently run netbsd on it, and have been going around and trying to see
21 what became of the linux-vr that some had working on the z50 ~2000.
22
23 Nick
24
25 "All unix, all the time."