From: wireless <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-embedded] compiling on openmoko
Date: Thu, 23 Apr 2009 20:14:49
1 Nicola Mfb wrote:
2 > 2009/4/23 Previdi Roberto <previdi.roberto@×××××.com>:
3 >> ewithoutu much effort. The remaining problem is that each package
4 >> configure phase is very slow, i think because of the slow disk access
5 >> (it must read/write on the microsd card..).
6 >> so, is there any tested way to speed up everything? i used ext3 for
7 >> the partition filesystem, so i think that is slowing down everything..
8
9 > I did not digged deeply but ext3 for me is too slow, I returned to
10 > ext2 without trying to tune it.
11
12 You know, I do not even have one of these devices. However,
13 I have read about "squashfs" as part of the 2.6.29 kernel
14 offering. It's suppose to be the best thing, since sliced
15 bread, for embedded devices.
18 Have not got around to using it on any device, but, it
19 *may* be what your need....
20
21 http://www.squashfs-lzma.org/
22
23 Maybe others have experience with squashfs?