From: klondike <franxisco1988@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] GCC4 (again...)
Date: Fri, 26 Jun 2009 07:08:22
1 2009/6/26 Kerin Millar <kerframil@×××××.com>:
2 > 2009/6/26 Kerin Millar <kerframil@×××××.com>:
3 >> 2009/6/26 Ed W <lists@××××××××××.com>:
4 >>
5 >> [snip]
6 >>
7 >>> However, to be clear I think this achieves a PIE install with no SSP?  Can
8 >>> anyone confirm this is correct?
9 >>
10 >> That's correct.
11 >
12 > Apologies for replying to my own post, but I just realised that you
13 > were posing the question in the context of klondike's blog post. I do
14 > not know what the status of SSP is in the overlays and/or experimental
15 > toolchains so I'll bow out and leave it to one of the toolchain gurus
16 > to provide a credible response. My answer applies to the gcc ebuild in
17 > the mainline tree.
18 Although I may be wrong, AFAIK SSP works nice with almost anything except libstdc++, also packages which need it to be disabled (ie thunderbird) usually do it without a problem of after pattching a bit the ebuild. Anyway, I think the best one to answer is Zorry or Xake as they maintain it.
19
20 Anyway, at least on the overlay uclibc is still not supported :( http://github.com/Xake/toolchain-overlay/blob/54581c25b74be5a5dc3d8c1de61dba55db7c639f/README