From: Kerin Millar <kerframil@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] GCC4 (again...)
Date: Fri, 26 Jun 2009 01:48:11
1 2009/6/26 Kerin Millar <kerframil@×××××.com>:
2 > 2009/6/26 Ed W <lists@××××××××××.com>:
3 >
4 > [snip]
5 >
6 >> However, to be clear I think this achieves a PIE install with no SSP?  Can
7 >> anyone confirm this is correct?
8 >
9 > That's correct.
10
11 Apologies for replying to my own post, but I just realised that you
12 were posing the question in the context of klondike's blog post. I do
13 not know what the status of SSP is in the overlays and/or experimental
14 toolchains so I'll bow out and leave it to one of the toolchain gurus
15 to provide a credible response. My answer applies to the gcc ebuild in
16 the mainline tree.
17
18 Cheers,
19