From: Magnus Granberg <zorry@×××.nu>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] Failure when "switching" to hardened-gentoo profile
Date: Sat, 25 Oct 2008 23:56:14
1 pageexec@××××××××.hu skrev:
2 > On 25 Oct 2008 at 21:44, Jan Klod wrote:
5 >> Hello.
6 >>
7 >> I was trying to make a switch form normal, freshly installed gentoo to
8 >> hardened like described in PaX quickstart.
9 >> http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/hardened/pax-quickstart.xml Though, that
10 >> guide is missing to inform about when should I boot hardened-sources.
11 >> Not sure if after "emerge binutils gcc virtual/libc" or "emerge -e
12 >> world", but I got this error, which persists:
13 >>
15 >> *** stack smashing detected ***: cc1 - terminated
16 >> cc1: stack smashing attack in function ix86_split_to_parts - terminated
19 > i don't know if you're supposed to use ssp on gcc itself, but apparently it
20 > caught some bug, whether that's some miscompilation or a real bug in gcc, i
21 > can't tell from this, but it's worth a look. if you just want to finish your
22 > install, you should recompile gcc itself without using ssp during compilation
23 > (that can be tricky, i don't know where the specs file comes from in that
24 > case).
28 What is your emerge --info?