From: Zack Gilburd <klasikahl@g.o>
To: gentoo-hardened@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] Re: Hardened Laptops / Talk is cheap
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2003 09:24:44
1 On Monday 25 August 2003 04:15 pm, Boyd Waters wrote:
2 > gpgkeys: WARNING: this is an *experimental* HKP interface!
3 > gpgkeys: key D22B3C935AF441E5 not found on keyserver
4 >
5 > Ned Ludd wrote:
6 > | Is there any reason that these two types of setups (mikes, and what your
7 > | working on) could no coexist?
8 >
9 > I would very much like for us to all come up with a system that we want;
10 > we should converge on something, I think.
11
12 IIRC, we've always been leaning towards a method that would have the
13 passphrase on a USB device that would obviously need to be present to
14 unencrypt the filesystems on the laptop. I think that it's also important to
15 have the good old enter-your-passphrase-at-boot decryption of one's
16 filesystems as an option. However, I believe that once we have the former
17 working solidly enough to where any Joe Sixpack can do it, then (and only
18 then) should we begin work on perfecting the latter.
19
20 "Then again, that's just what I think. I could be wrong." -Dennis Miller
23 Zack Gilburd
24 http://tehunlose.com
25 GnuPG Key ID: A79A45668240AB6C