From: Kevin Chadwick <ma1l1ists@××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] Re: hardened-sources & tp_smapi, firefox-9.0 install stucks
Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2012 11:33:21
1 On Thu, 12 Jan 2012 18:55:02 -0500
2 "Anthony G. Basile" wrote:
3
4 > Oh dear god, Minix! While I respect what Tanenbaum is up to with Minix
5 > and I hope he keeps developing it, the current situation is that it has
6 > a very tiny base and it will probably stay that way. I loved the
7 > original Minix for teaching (although I've moved on to James Molloy's
8 > kernel), but usability is inversely proportional to complexity. If
9 > Minix were to span the usability spectrum of a kernel like Linux or BSD,
10 > I've got a gut feeling it would hit many of the same insecurity issues
11 > despite the theory of separation of subsystems.
12
13 Me and my brother won a playbook, out of interest, what do you think of QNX?