From: Brad Plant <bplant@×××××××××.au>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] mySQL twice as slow on hardened (grsec) sources?
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2007 08:40:12
1 Hi Christian,
2
3 Perhaps try booting a standard kernel using the hardened profile and see how long that takes. If it takes closer to 12 hours, then the slowdown is caused by the kernel. If it still takes about 24 hours, then it is caused by the hardened profile.
4
5 On another note, have you trying tweaking the options in /etc/mysql/my.cnf? Increasing some of the buffer sizes might improve things, although this would perhaps be more applicable if mysqld was IO bound instead of CPU bound as in your case. Might be still worth googling for mysqld optimisations anyway.
6
7 Cheers,
8
9 Brad