From: pageexec@××××××××.hu
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] Re: GPL stuff with binary modules - FSF ruling
Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2006 11:11:01
1 On 29 Jun 2006 at 18:42, Ned Ludd wrote:
2 > > > How you you/we feel about p.masking nvidia-glx and friends in the
3 > > > hardened profiles? They do nothing but cause us heartache anyway and
4 > > > we are mostly powerless to fix them unless we are willing to spend a
5 > > > a lot of time reverse engineering the object code.
6
7 could someone talk to upstream and make them aware of the textrels?
8 i recall that 1-2 years ago tseng managed to ask them about providing
9 a modular driver (which they didn't in the end), but at least they
10 listened...
11
12 > Heads up to nvidia users... If you use nvidia-glx and a hardened profile
13 > it's going to be package.masked
14
15 does it have to be that drastic? how about CONFIG_CHECK="~PAX_NOELFRELOCS"
16 in the ebuilds?
19 gentoo-hardened@g.o mailing list