From: Tom Hendrikx <tom@×××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-hardened] Hardened profile update
Date: Tue, 15 Sep 2009 11:46:21
1 Hi,
2
3 As of today, portage notifies me that my current profile (hardened/x86)
4 is deprecated, and that "hardened/linux/x86/10.0" is the suggested
5 replacement.
6
7 A few months ago, there was some traffic on this list regarding
8 profiles, resulting in the conclusion that "hardened/x86" was to be
9 preferred above the default as set (by releng?) in the hardened stages:
10 "hardened/linux/x86", as the latter was not approved or checked by the
11 hardened project.
12
13 How does the new profile differ from hardened/x86, and is the new
14 profile tested/approved by the hardened project?
17 Regards,
18 Tom