From: Tom Hendrikx <tom@×××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-hardened] Hardened profile update
Date: Tue, 15 Sep 2009 11:46:21
Hi,

As of today, portage notifies me that my current profile (hardened/x86)
is deprecated, and that "hardened/linux/x86/10.0" is the suggested
replacement.

A few months ago, there was some traffic on this list regarding
profiles, resulting in the conclusion that "hardened/x86" was to be
preferred above the default as set (by releng?) in the hardened stages:
"hardened/linux/x86", as the latter was not approved or checked by the
hardened project.

How does the new profile differ from hardened/x86, and is the new
profile tested/approved by the hardened project?

--
Regards,
	Tom