From: Jan Klod <janklodvan@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] Hardened gentoo and hibernation
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2007 17:27:25
1 >Once you
2 > patch, there are many resources and HOWTOs available discussing the
3 > steps to use the suspend2 toolkit to encrypt your hibernation image.
4 So is that overkill for novice to do in two weeks?
5
6 > I, for one, question why you require hardened-sources (or
7 > rsbac-sources).
8 I agree that real benefit of them can be achieved on servers, but,
9 since I am about to run Windows on virtual machine and use other
10 programs, that I don`t trust, it seems to be really necessary. Else -
11 how to ensure, that virtual machine doesn`t make some internet
12 connections and that it cannot access sensitive files? As to me, it
13 seams to be some kind of untrusted processes disconnection.
14
15 >powered off, buried in 10 feet of concrete
16 data must be used properly, not buried .. which is easy to say.
17 --
18 gentoo-hardened@g.o mailing list