From: Maxim Kammerer <mk@×××.su>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] PaX kills Tor due to overflow
Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2012 03:02:35
1 On Wed, Aug 22, 2012 at 2:19 AM, PaX Team <pageexec@××××××××.hu> wrote:
2 > did your thorough search include the grsec mailing list archives? if
3 > you google '"size_overflow" pax' then it's like the first hit there ;).
4
5 Yes! :) I did read that post, and what I (probably wrongly) gathered
6 from it was that the plugin was developed for 3 years, and finalized
7 by Emese Revfy during the last year. I think I noted the
8 “experimental” part, but figured that it's just you being on the safe
9 side, and that booting and watching the system for a few minutes
10 should be enough. The referenced blog post could dispel the confusion,
11 but I couldn't find it (and I did search for '"Emese Revfy" blog').
14 Maxim Kammerer
15 Liberté Linux: http://dee.su/liberte