From: "Petteri Räty" <betelgeuse@g.o>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Cc: Gentoo Recruiters <recruiters@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] latest kernel exploit patch for vmsplice coming?
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2008 19:45:55
1 Ned Ludd kirjoitti:
2 > On Sun, 2008-02-10 at 23:41 +0200, pageexec@××××××××.hu wrote:
3 >
4 > More FYI..
5 > Hardened is nearly dead in respects to the
6 > hardened-profile/hardened-toolchain/hardened-kernel.
7 > It does not have to die but we are in a bit of a catch-22.
8 > I'm the last dev really watching over those things. Everybody else has
9 > retired and moved on in life. I'm starting to do the same. Weekend and
10 > evening hobbies of other interest are starting to take priority. So the
11 > catch-22 is that hardened needs more devs+proxies and or to be
12 > re-evaluated.. The kicker is that I don't really have the spare time to
13 > mentor new people. So... Any of you that want to help this project
14 > continue. Please stop by #gentoo-hardened on freenode and offer whatever
15 > help you can that fit within your skill traits (self motivated ppl++).
19 Finding mentors should not hold up things. Please contact recruiters if
20 you need someone to track down mentors for you.
21
22 Regards,
23 Petteri