From: Geoff Kassel <gkassel@×××××××××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] Keeping gentoo-hardened alive (WAS: latest kernel exploit patch for vmsplice coming?)
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2008 01:15:16
1 Another wagon jumper here :)
2
3 My fledgling hosting and software development business is based on hardened
4 Gentoo, so I'd hate to see this project die. I'm quite time and money poor as
5 a new business owner, but I have a fair skill set to offer when I do get
6 time. I'm a reasonably experienced Python, PHP, and C programmer. (Although
7 my C is a bit rusty, having lost ground to the others through under use.)
8 I've got a formal methods and QA background, if that's useful in any way. I'm
9 handy with VMWare, so I can test experimental kernels and Portage trees, if
10 that's not already covered by a build farm elsewhere. I'm reasonably
11 literate, if documentation needs to be written or revised.
12
13 Is there a way the time-poor can help out? I can immediately offer some
14 hosting, if that's not already covered by the Gentoo Foundation - monetary
15 donations are probably a few months away. (Is there a way to donate
16 specifically to the hardened project, by the way?) I can also offer some CPU
17 time on two mid-range hardened Gentoo servers with shared storage in a
18 high-availability data centre in Australia for compilation nodes, if that's
19 any use.
20
21 How may I be of assistance?
22