From: "Anthony G. Basile" <basile@××××××××××××××.edu>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] Invalid opcode
Date: Tue, 01 May 2012 06:02:28
1 On 04/30/2012 12:10 PM, Stan Sander wrote:
2 > trap invalid opcode
3
4 Two possibilities: 1) the running program aims its instruction pointer
5 at some garbage. I doubt it in this case. 2) Uour binaries make use of
6 op codes that your hardware is not able to handle, like I noticed your
7 cpu doesn't support ssse3 or sse4. So, for example, if some use flag
8 triggers code to be compiled that needs those instructions sets, and
9 you're cpu doesn't support them, you'll hit this error.
10
11 What's missing is your global CFLAGS, CXXFLAGS, CHOST, USE and any other
12 goodies that might affect how your binaries are getting built.
16 Anthony G. Basile, Ph. D.
17 Chair of Information Technology
18 D'Youville College
19 Buffalo, NY 14201