From: David Longo <longodj@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-installer@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-installer] Pretty Slideshow
Date: Fri, 03 Dec 2004 21:58:28
I agree with you on that, but I think that in order to appeal to the
less...linux saavy, or to gain the support of those good with
computers but new to linux, I think a clean gui would be nice in a
different edition maybe.  Maybe have on livecd for enterprise, cut and
dry automation, nothing special.  And then have a livecd for first
time users or home users, that has a more fedora type install with the
slideshow and with a "What kind of system would you like?"  I mean,
maybe I'm thinking of the wrong audience, but I always thought gentoo
was for everyone...not just those who need enterprise functionality...